Monday, November 21, 2016

Autopilot


Autopilot. 

Functioning on autopilot really makes everything much simpler. You don't have to work quite as hard, and it leaves room for more important things like television watching. I find myself living on autopilot quite frequently. 

I prepare the same kinds of food because it doesn't require too much effort. I find myself buying the same style of shirt in multiple colors year after year. I return to the same stores and restaurants time and again. Living an autopilot kind of life is easy and convenient. 

However, Emily V. Gordon, author of Super You warns, "...if I just float through my life, functioning on autopilot and accepting that the way I think and feel and act is just "how it is"...I'll never get anywhere more evolved, better or even just different..."

Airplanes were never intended to be flown purely automatically. The use of autopilot was a tool to be used at the discretion of the pilot. Although, brushing my teeth is perfectly fine in autopilot mode, I don't want to rely on it for the more meaningful things in life. 



No comments:

Post a Comment