Monday, November 14, 2016

Make Your Case


Make your case. 

In Kimberly Guilfoyle's book, Making the Case, she writes about how her father taught her to never be afraid to ask, but to always be prepared to make her case. This has served her well over the years as she has gone on to achieve success. 

I think some of us are quick to express our opinion without ever really researching our case.  On the other hand, some of us hold back not saying what we truly believe in fear of insult or ridicule. I have experienced both. 

What Guilfoyle has taught me is that if I take the time to research my case then I have a better leg to stand on. I probably also will better understand the opposing view. Her father taught her the life lesson that the answer may not always be what you want to hear, but your efforts are still valuable. 

Be thoughtful before speaking, but do not be fearful to speak. 

"Don't ever be afraid to ask for anything, BUT BE PREPARED. Think about why you want it and why I should say yes. Have your best supporting reasons at the quick."


Anthony "Tony" Guilfoyle

No comments:

Post a Comment