Friday, November 11, 2016

Princess vs Superhero


Princess vs superhero.

Apparently this Halloween the superhero costume was more popular with young girls than the traditional princess costume. I actually didn't find this too shocking as I never really was a princess kind of girl. 

My heros were Nancy Drew, Perry Mason, and a host of secret agents from 1960's tv. Even though my best friend and I played our fair share of Barbies, we also embraced the superhero while reenacting our favorite Batman and Robin episodes. 

As much as I would have loved to be Batman I chose Robin instead as we shared a common birthday. Well at least the actor and I did. My friend and I created our own Batcave in her carport storage room. It was filled with high tech Bat equipment made from cardboard boxes. We spent many afternoons saving the world. I doubt any princesses of our youth could have done the same. Elsa hadn't made it onto the silver screen yet. 



I guess my friend and I were just ahead of our time. Same bat time, same bat channel. 

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for bringing back priceless memories. We still are a pair of kindred spirits, although we are done fighting crimes :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those really were the best of times. I feel fortunate we got to share them together!

      Delete
  2. Delightful picture of you and your superhero.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gabriel! He actually once alerted me to the fact that our old semi-blind dog had fallen in the pool. I'm afraid she would have drowned if it wasn't for Cooper. He sure holds a special place in my heart!

      Delete