Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Anything and Everything


Anything and everything. 

The Way You Do Anything is the Way You Do Everything is a book written by business owner Suzanne Evans. Her thinking is, "What separates excellence from average is not talent or opportunity. It is approach."

Most of the time it is the little things that make the difference. My husband has an eye for detail and does nothing half-way. I have always admired his work ethic and it has taken him far over the years. 

As a student I always worked to make sure that my handwriting was neat, and I made it a practice to go that extra mile to do my best. This habit was instilled in me by my mother who excelled in this area. 

Once my younger sister had waited to the last minute to start an assignment. I knew there wasn't enough time to fully address the project, but I assured her I knew what teachers liked. Although, there may have only been about a notecard's worth of information included in her project, she had prepared the most beautiful poster around. She ended up getting a good grade, and today her design talents are evident in everything she undertakes. She could have just given up and turned in a half-hearted effort, but she did not. 


Don't allow yourself to get in the habit of doing things only half-way. As Aristotle reminds us, "We are what we repeatedly do."

No comments:

Post a Comment