Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Ignoring Christmas


Ignoring Christmas. 

I'm ignoring Christmas right now. Everywhere I go I am bombarded with Christmas decorations. It just seems way too early to be putting up the tree. Shouldn't we get within sight of Thanksgiving before we move on to Christmas? 

I'm sure the thinking behind early Christmas has everything to do with more time to shop. Now I must admit I have been known to break out a Christmas CD a few days before December. Of course, I'm just trying to be a good steward of my ever growing Christmas CD collection, so I don't find that practice bordering on hypocrisy. 

So as I'm checking out at the grocery store or traveling through the neighborhood I'm turning a blind eye to the red and green and holding onto the orange of Thanksgiving. 

I'll be the first to agree that Christmas really is the most wonderful time of the year, but I'm holding off until December. 



1 comment:

  1. I started my piano students playing Christmas music and I expected a bit of protest but none so far.

    ReplyDelete