Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Valentine's Day


Valentine's Day. 

Thirty three years ago today I was awakened to the sound of knocking. In my still sleepy state I opened my front door and looked down the stairs of my apartment. It was then I realized that the noise was coming not from my front door, but from my balcony. 

As I stepped out on to the balcony I was met by Chuck on a ladder. Yes a LADDER resting on my balcony. Within seconds I was receiving a marriage proposal. Chuck and I had met only months before, and our romance appeared to be on a fast track. In fact, we were married on my birthday five months later. 

Now I know that Dr. Laura would never suggest such a short courtship, but to be honest I was twenty-eight at the time, and knew that someone like Chuck didn't come around every day. After almost thirty-three years of marriages looks like it was a meant to be match. 


I can't help but think of that special day each year when February 14th rolls around, and I have to admit that for Chuck it's pretty hard to top that gesture. However, that day I found my Romeo, and am so happy I said yes! Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment