Thursday, February 15, 2018

Tea for Two


Tea for two. 

Chuck and I have started the habit of fixing a cup of tea before bedtime. My hope is that by drinking a relaxing cup of herbal tea that I might be able to fall asleep and stay asleep throughout the night. Something that has become more challenging over the years. 

We've accumulated several varieties, and often add raw honey and lemon to the mix. Some of our choices are a result of the Celestial Seasonings Tour we took several summers ago in Boulder, Colorado. If you are ever in the area the tour is both informative and fun. However, we have tried a few other brands, and are enjoying them as well. 

Of course, when I think of tea I can't help, but be reminded of my grandmother on my mother's side. Although, Irish she grew up in Liverpool and continued her love of tea well into her nineties. She also had a pretty extensive collection of bone china teacups which she always proudly displayed. 

One of my favorite memories was visiting her weekly in my early twenties, and fixing tea for the both of us. She always took hers with a little milk, and I took mine with sugar. After the early death of my mother my grandmother became more important to me as I attempted to maneuver myself through life. 

I still have three teacups from her teacup collection, and consider them to be real treasures. I'm looking forward to having more room at the new house in order to display them. They've been packed away for the last year, and I'm kind of missing them. 

Along with hot tea, one of my other favorites is a big cup of unsweetened ice tea; the stronger the better. I often times drive through McDonalds just to get a big cup of their tea, and sip on it throughout the day. 



 Now I know as a newly official Texas native I should be going for the sweet tea, but I've never quite taken a liking to the southern elixir. Either way cold or hot, tea is right there on the top of my list. 

1 comment: