Wednesday, February 21, 2018

The Smartest Dog Ever


The smartest dog ever. 

Cooper is a VERY smart dog. One of the things I had read about poodles was that part of their high intelligence was their ability to anticipate. Cooper literally knows exactly what will be coming up next if it has become a part of our routine. 

On Sunday evenings when the timer goes off Cooper knows to run to the refrigerator anticipating a piece of ice. You see every Sunday night either Chuck or I bake eggs for the week, and when they come out of the oven they need to be plunged into ice cold water before peeling. Cooper has learned to listen for that timer in order to receive his favorite icy treat.

The other morning I was getting ready for the day, and realized that Cooper had taken in a new understanding of my routine. Each morning when I take my shower he likes to lay on my bed waiting for me to open the door when I'm through. He watches me wash my face, brush my teeth, put on my make-up, use my curling iron, and finally brush my hair. My actions must be so predictable and always done in the same order, because I noticed that as soon as I finished brushing my hair he would make his way off the bed using his stairs without my prompting. 

This genius-like dog had figured it out all on his own. After I used my curling iron, and reached for the brush, it would only be a matter of seconds before I would be ready to leave the bathroom. I am totally impressed with this remarkable animal, and his uncanny powers of observation. 



Not only is he adorable, fun, clown-like, loving, devoted, obedient, protective, and a good sport at all times, he is SUPER smart. I'm one lucky gal!

1 comment: