Friday, April 28, 2017

Unfounded


Unfounded. 

The other day I posted about the opportunities afforded through change. One of my observations was that the paradox of change is that it can be both craved and feared. 

One of my readers pointed out, "Change, however, brings fear of the unknown. So often unfounded." This got me to thinking about how much truth was in that statement. 

I've written in the past about the process of "awfulizing" which basically boils down to assuming the worst. 

One of my friends shared with me the other day how a friend of hers asked,"What is the worst thing that could happen?" These simple words allowed her to get a better perspective on her dilemma. As it turned out the worst case scenario wasn't insurmountable after all. 

It's easy to allow our minds to run amuck and paralyze us with fear, but nine times out of ten that fear is probably "unfounded." It would do us well to keep this in mind when presented with change. 



It would be a shame to allow an opportunity to pass you by out of fear of something that probably wouldn't have happened anyway. 

No comments:

Post a Comment