Monday, April 10, 2017

Reflection


Reflection.

The other evening as Chuck and I rounded the bend of our lakeside walk we came upon a beautiful sight. The reflection of the building was shimmering upon the water. Always on the lookout for a picture for my blog I began snapping away, and later posted it on Face Book. 

That weekend when I was visiting my grandson I showed him the photo. His inquisitive sixteen-month old mind attempted to make sense out of what he was seeing. He kept turning his head upside down to try to right the building's reflection. We all got a good laugh out of his sweet gesture. 

Later that day while checking my notifications I noticed my high school friend, Marsha, had made the comment, "Reflection of the day." I thought it was appropriate due to all the reflection that had been going on recently in my life. It seemed to be a metaphor for the many changes I have been reflecting on for the last few months. 

As awe inspiring as the reflection upon the water was, watching my sweet grandson's reaction to the photo was priceless. I'm sure glad that we got to spend time with him again this past weekend. 



No comments:

Post a Comment