Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Good Shoes


Good shoes. 

On one of our first days at the apartment we made the mistake of walking around the entire lake. It was probably several miles, and unfortunately I had not walked on a regular basis since summer. Once again the whole, "What were we thinking?" thing came into play. 

To be honest I questioned whether I would be able to make it back to where we started, and to say the least my dogs were definitely barking. I knew that a better pair of shoes would be in my near future. 

Now ever since my stint in shoe business back in the seventies at The Wild Pair, I learned that standing on your feet for eight hours straight required a good pair of shoes. Ironically, I never once purchased a shoe from my place of employment. I'm thinking they must have been too wild for my sensible side. 

Although, I've found myself sometimes overly frugal throughout the years, I've always managed to buy good shoes. Running after kids for thirty years will do that for you. So the next day I was off to the mall to invest in a decent pair of walking shoes. 

I ended up purchasing a pair of Brooks athletic shoes, which the salesman assured me were some of the best. If their price was any indication I would have to agree that he was right. 

Basically, I've been walking on a cloud for the last two weeks. Although, I've not attempted the whole lake again, I've found my more manageable walks with Cooper to be quite enjoyable. These shoes are making all the difference in the world, and were certainly worth every dime, or should I say dollar. 



Often times it's worth the investment to purchase the correct equipment, and hopefully soon that walk around the lake will be a piece of cake. 

No comments:

Post a Comment