Thursday, April 20, 2017

Overcast


Overcast. 

I'm one of those people who seems to thrive in sunny weather. One of the mixed blessings of this apartment are the trees which surround it. Although, it gives a kind of treehouse effect which I like, it does limit the amount of natural light available. 

It seems for the last couple of weeks we have had few really sunny days. If I find myself spending too much time in the world of grey, my motivation starts to waver. I've tried to take advantage of any sunny moments by getting outside more often. This is where having a dog really comes in handy. 

It's interesting, though, that how you view the world can be dependent on the amount of your sunlight exposure. As I was writing this post my mood changed immediately when there was a little break in the clouds. 

I've known people who live in areas of the country that are overcast for months on end to actually use light therapy to help elevate their moods. No wonder places like Florida are so popular. 



Luckily, here in Texas we are graced most of the time with a big, blue sky, and plenty of sunshine to go around. I'm hoping to see more soon. 

2 comments:

  1. I lived in Texas for many years and loved the weather there. But we do have more sunny days here in Florida and I love the sunshine. It's bright though so I'm always in sunglasses with a cap on! lol Thanks for visiting me. I hope you'll stop by again! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diane. I've enjoyed following your Florida adventure. Thanks for reading my blog!😀

      Delete