Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Transitions


Transitions. 

Anytime you leave something familiar for a set of new circumstances there will be a transition period. We have been in the apartment now a little over a month, and things are beginning to settle into our new normal. 

It is definitely different, and I still find myself sometimes longing for my old life. Except that life had already began to change when our sleepy little town was no longer little anymore. Whether I liked it or not as time went by I was having to make the transition as Frisco changed from town to city. 

When I retired I had to make the transition of no longer being a teacher. It had been a part of my life and identity for thirty-one years. Luckily for me being able to teach part-time for several years was a way to ease out of the profession. 

As exciting as new can be, change will most of the time bring a few challenges of its own. However, over the years I found each time that I took on that challenge I benefited in some way. 



Who knows what tomorrow might bring, and where we will be a year from now, but for today I'll keep in mind the words of Joanna Gaines when she speaks about enjoying, "...the space and season," of your life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment