Monday, April 17, 2017

Budgeting Time


Budgeting time. 

Have you ever considered making a budget for your time? I really hadn't until listening to a podcast by Joshua Sheats called Radical Personal Finance.

He points out that just like budgeting your money, budgeting your time can help you to accomplish your goals, and not squander the one resource you can never get back. 

Even Ben Franklin pointed this out when he said, "Dost thou love life? Then do not squander time, for that is the stuff that life is made of."

When I started doing a monthly budget it was really quite freeing because I knew exactly where my money was going. When it comes to time, just like money,  it can slip through your fingers without you even noticing. I'm bad about sitting down to check my Face Book and not realizing that thirty minutes has slipped away. 

I'm thinking by setting up a time budget it will make me more aware of how I spend my day. Now I'm not wanting to set up a strict time schedule, but I was thinking more of prioritizing the things I want to do, and making sure that I do them. 



Just like a money budget I can decide ahead of time what really is important to me, and how I can best utilize the time I am given. I'm thinking it could be freeing as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment