Wednesday, April 26, 2017

New Opportunities


New opportunity. 

Not to be outdone by Chip, Joanna Gaines has her own words of wisdom in their book, The Magnolia Story.

When Chip announced that he had found a buyer for their beloved home in Castle Heights, Joanna conceded that, "...with change comes new opportunity." It got me to thinking about why we are so often reluctant to change? 

New opportunity really can be a good thing. New opportunity is what helps keep you young, and motivated. I've been one to both fear and crave change. I think for me the problem is that I'm quick to ruminate over, "What if?" and then go automatically to the worse case scenario. 



Except, even when I've had second thoughts about change I may have initiated, I have found change to be beneficial. After returning back to elementary school after a two year stint in middle school I never regretted the decision to give it a try. Looking for the new opportunities in change might not be so bad after all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment