Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Purrsistent


Purrsistent.

Her majesty, Abby, has decided that she purrfers our bed to the bed in the guest room. I guess the quilted china cover, and the mountain of pillows was not enough for her. 

The problem is that Abby was banned from our bedroom a couple of years ago due to Chuck's allergies. Nothing like a face full of fur on your pillow at night. 

Now every time I turn around she is making her way back to our bed. In fact, I've chased her off twice in the last few minutes. One thing about cats is their purrsistence. If they want something, they don't easily give up. Getting in trouble or annoying their person is the least of their concerns. They figure if they keep at it eventually you'll give up, and they'll get their way. 



Except Abby doesn't know who she's dealing with here. The bedroom door will be closed when I'm gone, and the water bottle might have to make an appearance again. She may be purrsistent, but as a former kindergarten teacher, which is kind of like herding cats, I've got over thirty years of skills, and I'm persistent as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment