Friday, March 10, 2017

Still Waters


Still waters. 

In a few days we will be moving to an apartment that sits beside a small lake. The water is what first  caught my attention when Chuck and I drove by the complex last fall. It was not in our plans to move, but I remember thinking, "I could live here."


Over the last few years we had kicked around the idea of moving. Our house was really more than what we needed, our once small town was now a city bursting at the seams, and Chuck was commuting two to three hours a day. 


We were wanting a simpler life, and more time to do the things we wanted to do. Between home maintenance and commuting we found ourselves thinking there had to be more to life. 

It just seemed to make sense, as different areas of our life fell into place.  Our new home would be only a few minutes from Chuck's work, it would require no yard or pool maintenance, and because it was a fraction of the size of our house keeping up with housework would be a breeze. 

We are excited to begin this new chapter of our lives. We are committed to embracing a new life as opposed to our old lifestyle just in a new setting. I don't think we will be watching as much tv as we venture out more to enjoy life. 

I couldn't help but smile a few weeks back when at church we heard the words of the 23rd Psalm, "He leadeth me beside still waters." I leaned into Chuck and whispered, "We're being led beside still waters." It was a good feeling. 




No comments:

Post a Comment