Friday, March 17, 2017

Williams Square



Back in the mid-eighties Williams Square opened in Las Colinas. It quickly gained recognition due to the majestic mustang statues that welcomed guests to the building. 

My father was the first property manager of this regal landmark, and took great pride in the building. That first Christmas after it opened Chuck and I purchased a beautiful watercolor painting of Williams Square, and gave it to Dad as a gift. It followed him from home to home, and always held a prominent place on the wall wherever he lived. 



Ironically, I now live literally within sight of this structure. Early in the morning when I'm taking Cooper out to do his business, it greets me as I say hello to Dad. In addition, the watercolor painting is now mine, and is earmarked to be hung in the foyer of our new apartment. It's interesting how life works sometimes. I just want to be open to these small moments that bring joy to life. If you've never visited the mustangs they are worth the trip. Combined with lunch along the Mandalay Canal Walk at Las Colinas it would make for an enjoyable afternoon. 

1 comment: