Friday, March 24, 2017

"Choose Less Ordinary"


"Choose less ordinary."

Sometimes inspiration can be found in a fortune cookie or in my case a Dove candy wrapper. Of course "ordinary" is probably a relative term. Ordinary as compared to what?

I think it's easy for any life to become ordinary when it becomes too automatic, too unintentional. Now for some choosing less ordinary might entail moving away to a new location, and embracing a whole new experience. One lucky friend from high school has moved to a beautiful beach-side home in Florida. To quote her, "I've never lived on stilts before." I can only imagine the adventures that await her. 

Although, we have only moved thirty minutes down the road, our lives are completely less ordinary.  Each day we are challenged to figure out something new as we learn our new area. Having lunch with Chuck yesterday was out of the ordinary because in the past we were not close enough to do so. 

What I've found to be true is that choosing less ordinary can help to spark an enthusiasm that may have been forgotten. It seems in our younger days there is always some big milestone to look forward to. As we settle into our latter years we may not see much change upon the horizon. Allowing ourselves to dream, and take action upon those dreams might be just what pushes us out of a too ordinary life. 



As much as I enjoyed the chocolate and the chocolate wrapper wisdom, I'm thinking making chocolate a less ordinary experience might benefit me more in the future, and I'll have to look for my inspiration elsewhere.

1 comment:

  1. Ha! Ha! I need to make having chocolate less ordinary.

    ReplyDelete