Thursday, March 16, 2017

Clown Car


Clown car. 

What happens when you attempt to downsize from 3,000 square feet to 1,300? Well you end up with a kind of clown car experience! 

Even though you've already gotten rid of about half of what you own, it becomes apparent that you should have pared down to about one third before you moved. 

So in the continued "stages and layers of decluttering," according to Courtney Carver there is still more work to be done. But do you know what? I don't really mind.  This smaller new home seems just the perfect size as I enjoy the tree lined view from my window. With Cooper laying on my shoulder, and Abby purring contentedly on my chest I'm feeling pretty good about everything. 



Of course, there is still more to be done here and at our house before we can declare the move officially over. But, what I've learned about stuff is it's kind of like that big lizard you see at the zoo. They pretty much take on the size of their container. So for now I'm keeping my container small and my stuff fewer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment