Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Predictable


Predictable. 

Is being predictable good or bad?  I suppose if you are predictable when it comes to fulfilling your obligations then that is a good thing. However, is a totally predictable life the way to go?


I think some of our predictability is due to our temperament. Dr. Phil likes to say, "The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior." As much as we might want to change, it might not be completely possible. We may have an innate default setting that keeps pulling us back to predictability. 


As I anticipate this new move, I keep thinking that I want to shake things up a bit. I want to push myself out of the predictability of my comfort zone. Author Annie Dillard believes, " How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives." How predictable are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment