Friday, March 31, 2017

Slowing Down


Slowing down. 

I feel fortunate that I have the privilege of slowing down. As I sat on my patio yesterday afternoon catching a glimpse of the water, I was reminded how important it is to not lose sight of what's right in front of you. I have a tendency to always think about the next thing, and in doing so my mind is constantly whirling. 

Part of our move to this apartment was to live a simpler life. Yesterday morning Cooper and I enjoyed our walk around the lake, and ending up checking out one of the two dog parks. After lunch I set out to locate my neighborhood Sprouts, and picked up the ingredients for an avocado tuna salad I had been wanting to make. I think what I like so much about Sprouts is its manageable size, and reasonable produce prices. 


My afternoon ended with me sipping some orange spice tea and nibbling on Pumpkin Spice cookies I had picked up at Sprouts, while I read a little, and wrote this posting. I'm glad I was able to enjoy a restful day yesterday as I'll be off to Frisco to get taxes done for my parents today, and have a busy weekend of work at the farm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment