Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Planning to Fail




Planning to fail. 

Most of us don't set out to fail. In fact, when we first start out we are probably pretty optimistic that we are going to succeed. If that wasn't the case then New Year's resolutions would not exist. I'm not sure the lack of willpower or self-discipline is the actual reason why resolutions fail. I wonder if it has more to do with the lack of a plan in accomplishing those goals? 

Businessman Alex Lakein teaches, "Failing to plan is planning to fail." I've found this to be extremely true for me when it comes to losing weight. If I want to be successful then I better have devoted some thought to my plan. Without a plan, and left to my own devices that bag of puffy Cheetoes wins every time. 

As things begin to settle down around here I'm wanting to devote more time to healthy eating. There is a Whole Foods right around the corner, and although I don't envision doing all my shopping there, I'm looking forward to trying it out when it opens. 

Allowing myself to plan meals, and shopping with a list just might keep me on track to meeting my weight goals. Or at least I sure hope so. 




No comments:

Post a Comment