Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Moving On


Moving on. 

I'm finding myself with mixed emotions when it comes to selling our house. It has been a part of our lives for the last eighteen years and holds so many memories. 

Our daughter was not quite ten when we moved here, and now she is married and a mother 
herself. We have seen her through elementary school, middle school, high school, college, her first real job, and her wedding. Wow, so many wonderful memories. We have loved this house, and have felt so blessed to own it. It was perfect in every way for our family. 

As I write this I am tearing up, but I know in my heart that it is time to move on, and pass this house on to another family. Many years ago I remember reading Eric Carle's A House for Hermit Crab to a class of wiggly first graders. In the story the crab's beloved home becomes too small and he knows it is time to move on. 

Coincidentally, at the time we were moving from our too small house to another larger home. I found myself touched by the story as I struggled to read it tear-free to my students. 

Today we find our home to be too big, and more than we actually need. I guess just like the hermit crab it's all about finding that right fit for the season of your life. So as I return to getting our home ready to sell I won't forget how blessed we were to live here. 


2 comments:

  1. It looks beautiful. You are managing many changes. My best to you. I admire your willingness to grow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is all kind of hitting at once. I am excited about the future.

      Delete