Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Eight Years


Eight years. 

It's hard to believe that eight years have flown by since I retired from full-time teaching. At the time I had no real plan as to what I would do next. I just knew that I wanted to be open to the opportunities that came my way. 

I began by subbing at my old school, and that led to becoming a part-time reading tutor for the district. Although, I was happy to be retired I realized that I still had a lot of teaching left in me, and began what I considered "the perfect job." Three mornings a week every other day, done by 12:30, the opportunity to work with upper elementary students, and co-teaching with the best teacher ever whom I now consider a life-long friend. 

I've been involved in many capacities with my local retired teachers organization as photographer, historian, and third vice-president where I helped to collect hundreds of children's books for our local schools. 

I've been available the last two years to take care of my father and step-mother and their affairs. I've been able to travel care-free down to visit my daughter, son-in-law and precious grandson on a regular basis. 

I've traveled to the Grand Canyon, Mount Rushmore, Lake Tahoe, and the Everglades, and look forward to more traveling. I've read more books than I can count, and became an early adopter of the i pad, which began my interest in blogging 

I've been writing Grace Found Daily now for over two years, and have reconnected with many friends from the past, and made a few new ones as well. I feel blessed to have the opportunity to do what I love, and encourage others. 



Now as we leave behind our too big house, and move to our apartment, I can't wait to see what the future brings. Thanks for all your kind words and support throughout the past two years, and more than anything I look forward to checking in with you throughout the week. 

2 comments: