Friday, June 17, 2016

Unexpected Places


Unexpected places. 

As I was headed down the alley yesterday a small purple flower caught my eye. It wasn't anything purposely planted, more like a weed peeking through the fence. 

In my haste I kept on to get where I was going.  However, in the seconds that passed I realized that the purple bloom was actually quite pretty, and a photo I might want to use in my blog. I stopped the car and crouched down to take its picture. It was then that it occurred to me that this beautiful flower was actually in an unexpected place. 

Somehow it had worked its way from a respectable garden to the back side of the fence. It stood there all alone, quite out of place. And yet this little guy was showing off begging to be noticed. 

After capturing its beauty with my phone, and touching it gently to make sure it was real, I continued on my way. However, not without the thought of unexpected places, and how fun it is to find these little treasures along the way. Author Angela N. Blount says, "Sometimes the most scenic roads in life are the detours you didn't mean to take." 



So as you travel through your day keep your eyes open for unexpected places and the surprises they can bring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment