Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Sleeveless




Sleeveless. 

Something pretty amazing or maybe I should say arm-azing happened last week. I was shopping for some new summer shirts when I allowed myself to try on a sleeveless one. 


Now this may not seem a big deal for most, but it was for me. You see I probably have not worn sleeveless shirts since my thirties. I guess when I started noticing the imperfections of my upper arms I decided that sleeveless should be a thing of the past. Not that I ever wore them all that often. In fact, back during my disco days my roommate and I were some of the few bearing sleeves on the dance floor.

However, something pretty surprising happened when I tried on that first sleeveless shirt. It actually looked pretty darn cute, and I felt years younger. Woah! Why had I been hiding my arms under a bushel for all these years? 

Now mind you, my arms weren't perfect-actually far from it, but for some crazy reason I didn't seem to mind much. As I get ready to enter the next decade of my life the reality of gravity winning is pretty much a given. However, I'm not getting any younger, so what the heck! 


Unfortunately, I'm not quite sure I feel the same way about my upper thighs just yet. Their unveiling might have to wait for my seventies!

2 comments:

  1. I love it! I, like you, haven't worn sleeveless shirts much over the decades. Our school policy is no sleeveless, and many teachers were upset about that. It wasn't an issue for me. First of May I bought four sleeveless blouses in various colors and I love them! I will be wearing them to school - however it will be with a kimono wrap. Have to stay professional.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it Renita! We need to start a movement!

      Delete