Thursday, June 30, 2016

Signature Color





Signature color. 

Do you have a signature color? I was listening to the podcast Happier the other day when Gretchen Rubin and her sister Elizabeth Craft were discussing this very thing. 

I couldn't help but be reminded of a woman who attends my church. It is very obvious that her signature color is purple. She is well past seventy and looks like a million bucks. Her hair is dyed and cut in a sassy Dorothy Hamill style. Each "purple" ensemble is adorned with fashionable accessories. She is tall  and lean and carries herself elegantly. 

Now in thinking about this, who really does this sort of thing-pick your favorite color and dress only in that hue?  No one really, but I love that she does. Each Sunday I look forward to seeing her next outfit. 

Always on the alert for a life lesson, I want to take to heart her fashion attitude. You know that feeling you get when you love what you're wearing. Unfortunately for me that doesn't happen often enough. 

The beauty of being older is that you don't have to be a slave to anything. You can get up each morning and choose what to wear, what to do, and where to go without fretting over the opinions of others. 

Although, I can't say that purple is my color, it has got me to thinking about choosing a signature color. I'm sure every time you find something in that color you can't help but be pleased. What about you? Would you embrace a signature color?


2 comments:

  1. My pallet is so varied. I love color too much to sign on to just one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my past postings was about how neutral my wardrobe was. Right now I'm wearing a bright yellow shirt. I am embracing more color in my life.

      Delete