Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Celebrate Your Wins




Celebrate your wins. 

Do you celebrate your wins? I find that I really don't. I acknowledge them, kind of like checking off a to-do list, but I don't really celebrate them. 

This first came to my attention when Gretchen Rubin, author of Better Than Before, talked about rewarding yourself with treats. It was then that I realized that I did not treat myself based on something I had done. 

In my life I have accomplished quite a few significant milestones, and worked hard to do so. However, it seemed once I reached my goal I just moved on to the next accomplishment. I wonder why this is?

My husband is exactly the opposite. He looks forward to and enjoys his rewards for a job well done. What I am thinking now is that I have missed out on some of the fun of life. Sometimes just the anticipation brings reward, but once achieved it seems so much sweeter to celebrate. 



I have a milestone birthday approaching soon, and I actually do have some celebratory plans in the works.  How about you, do you celebrate your wins?

No comments:

Post a Comment