Friday, February 26, 2016

Proactive


Proactive. 

"Be proactive in seeking new experiences." Creativity coach Doreen Marcial Poreba includes this in her traits of creative individuals. 

This is an area that doesn't always come naturally to me. I have a tendency to hold back and exist in the tried and true. However, I know that I have almost always benefited from a new experience. It is the novelty that seems to spark the idea of possibilities. 

Being proactive means actively seeking out the new and different. Often times for a planner like me, I have to give myself a push in this direction. I'm afraid if I leave it up to happenstance it might just not happen. But the benefits outweigh the comfort and ease of the known. 

I want to look to the example of my Aunt Loree and my mother-in-law who never turned down an opportunity for a new experience. They certainly seized the day!




No comments:

Post a Comment