Monday, February 22, 2016

Heart's Desire


Heart's desire. 

About three years ago it became apparent to me that I needed a little something else in my life. After giving it some consideration, I decided that maybe bringing a puppy on board might be the very thing to solve this dilemma. 

Now it had been eleven years since I had had a puppy, and kind of like the pangs of 
childbirth, I had conviently forgotten all the work involved with a wee fur baby. I suppose this is nature's way of continued canine adoption. 

I knew I wanted a smaller dog, and began doing what I normally do when I want to know more about something.  I started looking on-line to determine the best dog for me. Although, I had never considered one before, the miniature poodle kept coming up as an excellent choice. Smart, portable, devoted and a non-shedder to boot made this dog the perfect candidate. There was one small problem, though, I had never really been all that taken with their looks. 

And as shallow as it might appear, CUTE was high on my priority list. Thus I began another on-line search for a cute poodle. What I did discover was that not everyone cuts their poodle 
in the same style. As a matter of fact, there is actually a more rough, puppy cut that seemed 
to appeal to me. 

Now as I saved various poodle pictures a pattern began to emerge. It seemed that they all looked alike; namely their tan color. Up to this point I thought poodles were only black, white and apricot color. 

A few months later Cooper was born. I really had no idea what he would look like. Amazingly, he was tan just like all the pictures I had saved. He also sported an adorable white muzzle and chest. I can honestly say in my eyes, he was the CUTEST puppy ever! 

As I thought about the chances of Cooper being the "exact" dog I had wanted, I couldn't help but remember Psalm 37:4, "Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart."

1 comment: