Monday, February 8, 2016

Bible Journaling


Bible journaling. 

I had recently heard about Bible journaling and was quite taken with the idea. It seemed like the perfect combination of studying scripture and expressing yourself through art. 

I was fortunate to be able to attend a class a few weeks back. I learned that there actually is a type of Bible called a journal Bible that was initially made for note taking. Creative individuals capitalized on this by expanding note taking into art journaling. The result was a combination of the love of art with the love of scripture. It lends itself beautifully to this because it has margins on either side which makes it perfecting for lettering and graphics. 

The presenter said that she set aside time every Sunday afternoon to work on hers. She said that she was really able to meditate more fully as she worked with a particular chapter or verse. She also showed how tracing and graphite paper made it easy for those of us who are intimidated by our limited drawing ability and our need for perfection. 

I have found many ideas on Pinterest, and did my first verse the other day. The presenter was correct. The scriptures stayed with me over several days as I thought about them and how they applied to my life. 


I want to thank my friend Annette for posting about the class. It was just the push I needed to get started. 

No comments:

Post a Comment