Thursday, February 25, 2016

Limiting Beliefs


Limiting beliefs. 

Are you guilty of this? "They put limitations on themselves before they even start to consider the many options available to them." Doreen Marcial Poreba brings to light the fact that often times we've already made up our mind before we even begin. We refuse to fully examine all the possible options available to us. 

This goes along with the idea of false choices. Many times we narrow things down to one or two possibilities. The reality is that generally if you allow yourself you can come up with other possible options. 

Holding onto our limiting beliefs keeps our thinking small. It plays into the idea of scarcity, where there just isn't enough to go around. 



In my quest to include more creativity in my life, I don't want to automatically limit myself by limiting my options. Allowing yourself to think outside the box may be just the thing you need to expand your beliefs about what is possible in your life. 

2 comments:

  1. I am surely guilty of this aspect of thinking. Sometimes I get set and just forget that if things go differently I may free up my static view.

    ReplyDelete