Thursday, February 18, 2016

Creative Pursuits


Creative pursuits. 

How do you view creativity? 

Is it a necessity or an option? Doreen Marcial Poreba believes, "Seeing creativity as a necessity means it's not optional; you feel it's a requirement in your life."

In the past when I did not make creativity a priority, I felt a restlessness in my life. I kept thinking something was missing, but could never quite put my finger on it. 

Retirement brought me the gift of time, and creativity became a part of my life. I've made a list of my creative pursuits, and perhaps they might give you a few ideas. Journalist Bill Moyer believes, "Creativity is piercing the mundane to find the marvelous." I have to agree. 

Writing: Blogging
Art Journal
Bible Journaling
Knitting and Crocheting
Scrapbooking
Photography
Coloring
Cooking
Decorating
Repurposing



4 comments:

  1. Mary Oliver

    "If you are reliably there, it begins to show itself-soon it begins to arrive when you do.But if you are only there sometimes and are frequently late or inattentive, it will appear fleetingly, or it will not appear at all."

    She is talking about creativity. Sounds like Elizabeth Gilbert in "Big Magic"

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far I am embracing the idea that although most of us will not make a living in the arts, we can all include creativity in our lives. I wrote a posting at the beginning of January about how creativity amplifies your life.

    ReplyDelete