Friday, June 12, 2015

Trends


Trends. Did you know that there are actually trends in fences?  Apparently the latest trend is wood and wrought iron. Who knew? As I sit here looking at my wooden  fence, it is starting to pale right before my very eyes. Even though, it did just receive a new coat of stain and is looking quite spiffy. Now, it's not that I have anything against trends. Actually, they can be quite fun. It's just that I can't help but wonder if it's more a conspiracy to make us always want the next new thing and never be satisfied. We are constantly keeping up with the Jones. I live in a sixteen year old house, which back in 1999 was quite trendy. Two years ago we did a few "upgrades" around the place. But now my two year old upgrades are even out of style according to the latest trends. It's a never ending battle I suppose. So what's a person to do? Continue sinking money into the next new thing? Dip into the retirement fund to make sure the popcorn ceilings have been eliminated? Well to be honest, we just had to replace our air conditioning units, so I don't see any new trends in my near future. However, "cool" air never goes out of style. What are your thoughts about trends?

No comments:

Post a Comment