Thursday, June 25, 2015

Comfort Zones


Comfort zones. What is it about comfort zones? I guess it's the whole comfort thing. We all like to be comfortable. We like the comfort of knowing people when we socialize. We like the comfort of familiar food that brings back childhood memories. We like the comfort of traditions, religious practices, and what we don't have to work too hard to achieve. So why should there be anything wrong with comfort zones? Is it better to aspire toward uncomfortable zones? As much as I like the familiar, I have found that I have rarely regretted pushing myself outside of my own comfort zone. It may not always have been pleasant or successful, but I have always benefited from it. Pushing myself away from comfort every now and then is a good thing. Now I don't recommend living in a constant state of discomfort just to facilitate growth. Rather look for opportunities to try something a little uncomfortable to you. How have you grown by going outside of your comfort zone?

No comments:

Post a Comment