Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Procrastination


Procrastination. I was in my laundry room today and noticed that the two pairs of capris that I had air dried last week were still hanging there waiting to be ironed. It got me to wondering why we procrastinate? I've gone all week without two pairs of pants that I could have been wearing.  I guess for me procrastinating is all about putting off tasks that I find unpleasant, even though, they can be accomplished in a short period of time. Gretchen Rubin, the author of  Better Than Before, writes about the one minute rule. If something can be accomplished in one minute or less it should be done right away. Now I know it will take longer than a minute to iron my capris, however, this is a good rule of thumb to not allow clutter to take over. What starts out as a simple task quickly gets out of hand. Napoleon Hill says, "Procrastination is the bad habit of putting off until the day after tomorrow what should have been done the day before yesterday." Now I wish I had the cure for procrastination. It seems for me it has just become a bad habit. What about you? 






No comments:

Post a Comment