Thursday, June 4, 2015

Unsure


Unsure. In yesterday's post about  procrastination my very wise aunt pointed out the fact that she procrastinates when she is unsure about how to do something. I could relate 100%. This blog is a perfect example of that. I had been wanting to start one for over five years, but because I wasn't sure exactly how, I put it off. She also pointed out that really big jobs where she didn't know where to start also resulted in procrastination.I have found this to be true with my decluttering efforts as well.  After downsizing tremendously when we moved my parents to Assisted Living, I realized how accumulations can really overtake our lives. I vowed that I did not want that to be me, however with all my good intentions, I was still overwhelmed with the task and not really sure where to begin. So I started relatively small with a junk drawer, my closet and the guest bedroom. The only problem with doing this is that working at a slower pace may result in a loss of momentum. Sometimes committing to doing the big job all at once helps keep you motivated. I appreciate my aunt's insight and am taking it to heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment