Friday, June 5, 2015

Recipes


Recipes. The other day I spent some time organizing recipes. This was all in an effort to declutter and simplify. I believe it was a pretty successful undertaking. I was able to take random recipes that I had collected over the last year or so and organize them in such a way to know exactly what I had. I used card stock and page protectors, and sorted them by type in a couple of notebooks. I bet you couldn't tell that I'm a retired elementary school teacher! In fact, because of this my husband and I had two really delicious new meals this week; chicken enchiladas and red beans and rice. My next recipe project has to do with making my own cookbook with my favorite recipes from family and friends. I thought I would include a little bit about each person whose recipe I'm featuring. I'm even going to include my Dad's famous burnt Chef Boyardee ravioli, which he served when my mother was in the hospital after having one of my younger sisters. I quickly let him know it tasted like ashes! How do you keep up with all your recipes?

2 comments:

  1. Two of my favorite recipes that my grandmother made are macaroni salad and mexican cornbread. Unfortunately, her recipes were never written down. I made the macaroni salad enough with her to have it committed to memory, but the mexican cornbread I make just isn't like hers. I am in the process of writing down her recipe and many more that I made up as my children were growing up. I am putting them on note cards, laminating them, and putting them in a card file box. By writing them down, I am preserving them for future generations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Renita, That's a great idea about laminating them.

      Delete