Saturday, June 20, 2015

Dad's End Table


Dad's end table. I remember when I used to visit my Dad at his apartment, his living room end table was always covered with books and magazines. He loved to read. Biographies seemed to be his favorite. Time magazine had been a fixture in his life for half a century. Today Dad's end table still holds that same Time magazine, but it sits virtually unread. Age has caught up with him, and his reading days are pretty much over. Now the good thing is, that Dad got to do a lot of reading in his life. He had a great collection of books which he liked to return to time and time again.  In the last few months I've been able to see more and more how my Dad and I are alike. We both love to read, and a gift card to Barnes and Noble trumps the Gap anytime. I've also learned that Dad liked to write as well. He kept short journals of his everyday life and wrote his own autobiography. I'm so glad he did. More than anything I'm happy to be his daughter. I love you Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment