Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Routine


Routine. Do you have one? If you are employed full time chances are that you do. However, if you are retired the answer might not be so black and white. Routine for me is something I crave. My days seem more complete with structure. For me the words of Mike Murdock are powerful. "The secret of your future is hidden in your daily routine." Now for me productivity is important. I like to feel that I have accomplished something at the end of my day. However, I do know that not everyone feels this way. The words of Amos Bronson Alcott can be equally as powerful. "The less routine the more life." I can see how routine could hold you back. Spontaneity might indeed be the spice of life. So what's a person to do?  Perhaps a little of both. More structure for me, but a healthy dose of the unexpected as well. How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment