Friday, March 20, 2015

Control


Control. What do I actually have control over each day? Relatively little. I can't control the weather or the actions of others. However, I fool myself into thinking that I can orchestrate my own life in such a way to be in full control of everything. This is an illusion that I think will bring me peace of mind. I find my mind racing with thoughts of what I have no control over at this moment. In my attempts to assure myself that all will be well I choose worry. Often in life I look at circumstances and reflect on the lesson learned. What am I being taught? That I really have little control over what happens next and all the worry in the world will not change that. "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matt
6:34.


No comments:

Post a Comment