Monday, March 9, 2015

Scrapbooking


I've always enjoyed scrapbooking. I had made several scrapbooks prior to the scrapbooking craze of the 90's. During this time scrapbooking was elevated to a whole new level. There were even entire stores devoted to scrapbooking; aisles and aisles of different colored paper, stickers, and letters. The possibilities were endless, and that was where the problem lay for me. In my effort to make the "perfect" scrapbook of my daughter's life I was paralyzed with indecision. I wasn't sure where to even begin, and so I never did. I was once again guilty of letting "The perfect be the enemy of the good." Years went by and my stack of pictures grew. It wasn't until I became historian for an organization I belonged to, and was responsible for their scrapbook, that things began to change. I kept my page designs clean and simple. I included photos I had taken and other mementos.  The scrapbook turned out great and I enjoyed putting it together. It was then that I realized that the scrapbook I wanted to make for my daughter was not all about some over the top design. It was being created with love to tell a story--her story, our story as a family. I'm only up to 1996, but step by step it is coming together and I am having fun reminiscing along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment