Monday, March 30, 2015

Gardening




They say it is a strength to know your weaknesses. Of course they also say if at first you don't succeed, try, try again. I'll have to say I'm in the first camp when it comes to gardening. I know many people who LOVE to garden. I'll even admit to being envious of others' gardens. However, the reality is that I don't like to garden. This probably stems from the fact that I don't like getting my hands dirty. Last year I decided  I would try to do a little container gardening. I went to the local nursery and purchased $37.00 worth of vegetables. I planted them, watered them and waited patiently for them to grow. The one bell pepper that I produced was about the size of a nickel. It was actually quite cute. My cucumbers and jalapeƱos were no shows. My tomatoes did grow, but I fought the birds as to who would get to them first. Luckily, my husband had some netting we used to keep them away. This year I've decided to spend my $37.00 at the Farmers' Market. As Gretchen Rubin likes to say, "You can choose what you do, but not what you like to do." Lesson learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment