Monday, March 23, 2015

The Rules


One day as my husband and I were backing out of the driveway about to embark on the day's adventures, he made the comment about how it was fun to be breaking the rules. I remember I thought about his words for a few seconds and responded that I didn't find breaking the rules fun. In fact breaking the rules brought out more of an anxious feeling in me. I had found in my life that following the rules seemed to work better for me. The rules were a trusted friend. They gave me boundaries and guidelines. I liked knowing ahead of time what the expectations were, and then I would try my best to follow them. I think for me the lesson learned was that it is best to know your true nature, and even though that nature is different from others it is okay. To once again quote Shakespeare, "To thine own self be true." It works for me.

1 comment:

  1. I like to follow the rules too. Surprise! But the best part of this blog For me is the quote that you remind us of. This is so important to remember when we are pulled in so directions. Thank you! Ann Marie.

    ReplyDelete