Friday, March 6, 2015

Simplify


Thoreau says, "Our life is frittered away by detail ... simplify, simplify." I can't help but believe  that he is more than right. Why do we over the years collect, accumulate, dare I say hoard so many possessions?  What do they represent to us that makes us not want to let go? At first our limited number of years makes the few possessions we own somewhat manageable. As we grow older it becomes easier and easier to add to our collections. Spend any length of time in a home and before you know it you're over run with clutter. Now you may be like me and do a good job of organizing it behind some closet door, but when is enough, enough? I can't help but ponder the words of professional organizer  Peter  Walsh, "When everything is important, nothing is important. "With winter almost over, it might be a good time to do a little spring cleaning and "...simplify, simplify." Managing stuff can be exhausting and I'm ready for a change. 

1 comment:

  1. Not sure if my last comment went through. But here's another comment on another post for good measure. ;) I'm ready for a change too! I have a hard time thinking straight when my place (esp my desk!) is cluttered.

    Keep up the writing, Shari!

    ReplyDelete