Tuesday, March 10, 2015

The Do-Over


Oh, the power of White-Out. Yesterday I began the process of filling out some federal paperwork to assist my veteran Dad in his move to assisted living. It was quite a stressful process in my attempt to make heads or tails of the documents. I knew I had already made a mistake and fretted over whether I would need to run the paperwork off again and start from square one. After speaking with a VA counselor who is helping me with the process, he assured me that I could White-Out the mistake and correct it. This morning as I once again approached the task, I felt myself liberated at the freedom that one small bottle of White-Out provided. I was no longer in the grips of the possible mistake and was freed to just fill out the paperwork. I guess the White-Out represented the do-over in life.There really are few things in life that cannot be rectified by a do-over. As I continue on filling out these forms I'll keep that in mind.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your analogy because it's so true! Thank God we have the opportunity to make things right in our life. I can't believe we are completing the same forms for our fathers at the same time. Isn't life strange. Love and blessings. Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your kind words. Good luck with your paperwork.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to see your new blog, Shari!

    I, too, love the power of White-out. What would we do without it?

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete