Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Missing the Bluebirds





Well for some reason our bluebirds did not return this year. I was really looking forward to their return, as I have thoroughly enjoyed sharing my backyard with them the last two years. 

One of my favorite things to do in the spring is to sit out on my back porch, and enjoy the beautiful weather. Not too hot and not too cold makes spring the perfect time to be outdoors. 

I used to sit on my lawn chair (which has now been removed since the neighborhood squirrel decided it made the perfect bedding material for her nest) and watch momma and daddy bluebird light on our fence, and take turns entering the bluebird box. 

Over time I would get a kick out of hearing the baby birds chirp each time their momma would feed them. Although, I never actually saw the babies their presence was made known through their chirping. 

I’m hoping at our new property we will have bluebirds. Hopefully we will have luck drawing a sweet bluebird family our way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment