Thursday, April 15, 2021

Build a Bowl





I made a really tasty recipe the other night from my favorite Build a Bowl recipe book. 
The unique combination of flavors is what caught my eye. 

It began with roasting pecans in a 400 degree oven for 5-6 minutes. I drizzled them with olive oil, maple syrup and a pinch of salt. Once they had cooled down I roughly chopped them. 

I had already chopped up two small sweet potatoes, and some Brussels sprouts. I drizzled them with olive oil, a little maple syrup and some salt and pepper. 

They went in the 400 degree oven for about 35 minutes. 

Next I prepared a sauce with a half a cup of nonfat plain yogurt with a teaspoon of Sriracha sauce, and two teaspoons of maple syrup, with a pinch of salt. Taste test this and adjust as needed. 

I fried up four pieces of bacon next, and crumbled them into pieces when they cooled down. 
Meanwhile, I cooked up some quinoa following the directions on the package. 

When everything was ready to serve Chuck fried up two over easy eggs which still had runny yolks. 

I plated this meal on a plate vs a bowl in the following order:

Quinoa 
Sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts
Bacon
Pecans
Egg (S & P)
Sauce( but not over the egg)

This was such a unique and yummy meal, and I’ll definitely make it again. 



No comments:

Post a Comment