Friday, April 2, 2021

Blog Every Day





Seth Godin says, “Blog every day. It’s easy, it’s free, and it establishes your identity. “
That’s what I’ve been doing since January. I’m blogging Monday-Friday, although I’m not posting every day on Facebook. 

When I first started blogging I had some writer’s fantasy that somehow I would end up as a popular nationwide blogger. I’m not exactly sure how I thought this was going to actually happen, but I kept thinking that my readership would go viral. 

At one point it appeared I had over one hundred readers a day. I was thrilled until I learned about bots that troll the internet. Realistically if I got thirty views a day I was doing well. 

Occasionally when I posted a cute grandchild post I might have fifty or sixty. I was flattered even by those numbers, and have had several people reply that they enjoy reading my blog. 

The first few years of writing it seemed that I had a never ending well of ideas. I might find myself actually writing two or three posts a day. 

As time went by my ideas began to wane, and I limited my postings to three a week. During 2020 I barely posted at all, and that made me sad. 

At the beginning of 2021, year six of my blog, I made the commitment to once again post five days a week. 

Now my blog is open to anyone who wants to read it, but if I don’t post it on Facebook I’m basically the only one reading it. 

In some ways I’ve been fine with that because sometimes I really don’t have anything that I feel lends itself to being shared, and yet I know I will enjoy coming back and reading it later. 
One of my favorite things to do is something like Time Hop where I go back and read what I wrote on that day each year. It really gives me a snapshot of my life. 

As soon as we are out in our property I anticipate I’ll be sharing more freely my new adventure. Today is April 2nd, and I’ve faithfully posted each weekday this year. 

I’m proud of myself for following through with my commitment.

No comments:

Post a Comment